Museums and churches
At the Archaeological Museum of Lemnos, housed in a beautiful neo-classical 19th century building, you can follow the historical development of the island from the Chalcolithic to the Roman period.
The Folk Art Museum with objects from the everyday life of the inhabitants is located in the village called Portianou.
The Museum of Naval Tradition and Sponge Fishing in the village Nea Koutali, displays traditional costumes, sponge fisher’s tools and objects from ancient shipwrecks that have been collected from the depths of the sea.
At the Ecclesiastical Museum of the cathedral in Myrina, you will be able to admire examples of Byzantine and post-Byzantine art.
During your tour you must not miss:
- The church of Profitis Ilia, perched on top of a hill offers a spectacular view.
- The Metamorphosis of the Saviour, a small chapel overlooking a picturesque harbour
- The Church of the Zoodochou Pigi (Life Giving Fountain) with holy water in the castle of Kotsina
- The Mount Athos Monastery Dependency of the Virgin of Trigi with rare beauty and high value pictures
- The church of Panagia Kakkaviotisa "hidden" in the bowels of a rocky cave!
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/vhosts/hrysafi.gr/xrisafi.gr/tmp/templates_c/3a07b7c186547615d65b0161ff72e4624d442e4d.file.commonSideMenuContent.tpl.php on line 79